Revision Date: March 7, 2022
SecureVideo is secure online telehealth conferencing service offered by Dura SV, LLC, a Texas limited liability company with headquarters in San Antonio, Texas.
Most of our customers are healthcare providers who use our service to provide telehealth sessions to their patients or clients. Our customers also use our online services to schedule appointments, exchange documents, and perform other tasks related to their relationship with their patients or clients.
Our headquarters are in San Antonio, Texas. We offer our services in the United States and Canada, and we may offer our services in other jurisdictions in the future.
Patient Data: Personal data about our customers’ patients and clients is under the control of our customers and we use and manage that data only to provide our service and as instructed by our customers.
Other Personal Data: We use other personal data that we collect for our general business purposes as described below.
If you are a patient or client of our customer you should review our customer’s HIPAA and other privacy related notices to understand their privacy practices.
How to Contact Us
Email: [email protected] or via mail: Dura SV, LLC dba SecureVideo 425 Soledad, Suite 500, San Antonio, Texas 78205
The types of data we collect and our purpose for collecting it depend on how you interact with us. For example, we collect different data about one-time website visitors than authorized users of our SecureVideo service. We have used defined terms for the different types of relationships to help us explain our privacy practices:
- customer means a person (individual or company) who purchases a subscription to our online telehealth service, usually a health care provider or organization;
- account user means an individual who provides health care or other client services using our telehealth services (such as doctors, counselors, etc.) and customer staff members who manage customer accounts (such as accounting staff, IT staff, etc.);
- client means an individual who participates in a telehealth session with our customer, such as a patient or client of a healthcare provider;
- visitor means an individual who visits our website, our social media pages, our offices, interacts with us at a trade show or other industry event, or communicates with us in some other way other than as an account user or client;
- services means our online telehealth session service and related information management tools, APIs, and other interfaces, related software (including SecureVideo software that you download and install on your computer or phone), and our technical support services;
- we, our and us refer to Dura SV, LLC doing business as SecureVideo and doing business as securevideo.com;
- you and your refer to visitors, account users, or clients or all of them, as indicated in the clauses below.
Data Collection Purposes
We collect personal data for our business purposes:
- to operate our website
- to provide our services;
- to improve our website and services;
- to market our services;
- to manage our relationship with our customers, including account administration;
- to provide customer and client technical support; and
- to manage our vendors.
The Section below captioned, “How We Use Data” explains how we use different categories of data for each of these purposes.
We may allow third party advertisers, such as GoogleAds to collect personal data on our site for their use in selling targeted advertisement services, both to SecureVideo and others. See Advertising Ecosystem below.
Data Collection Methods
Automated data collection on our website and online services platform
We collect personal data about visitors, account users, and clients via automated means when any of them interact with our website or online platform.
When you visit our site, use our online services, participate in a telehealth session, or interact with us online using SecureVideo software, our servers capture data that may be used to identify you or your device, such as your IP address, device identifier, and information about your device such as the operating system, time zone setting, language setting, browser settings, and browser plug ins. Depending on your device settings, we may also capture location information Our servers may also capture information about your visit to our site or services platform, such as the website you visited right before you visited our site, the time and duration of your visit on each page on the site, and your navigation path from page to page (i.e., what you click on). We may also capture data of this type about visitors and account users (but not clients) by using tracking technologies provided by third-party service providers such as Google Analytics.
For visitors and account users we and our third-party analytics providers may place a cookie on your browser or use other tracking technologies so that we may identify you as a return visitor if you visit our site more than once and to track your navigation on our services environment. Please see How to Opt Out of Online Data Collection below for information on how to block cookies.
We may use advertising services such as Google Ads and the ad services offered by social media services, such as LinkedIn and Facebook. These advertisers may collect data about your interaction with our ads combined with information they collect about you from other sources to create profiles about your online activity and then use that information to offer targeted advertising services to their customers generally. See Advertising Ecosystem below.
Data provided by advertisers
If you arrive at our site by clicking on a link that is part of an advertisement on another site (including an advertisement on a social media platform), the advertising service will identify the link, enabling us to associate you with the advertising parameters we provided to the advertising service. For example, we may ask an advertising service to target our ad to individuals that the ad service has identified as health care providers. If you arrive at our site by means of the link in that ad, we will be able to identify you as a health care provider. Advertising services are responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of the data they provide to us in accordance with their published privacy policies. See the section below captioned Advertising Ecosystem and How to Opt Out of Online Data Collection.
We may purchase business contact information from third party services such as ZoomInfo.
Data provided by you as part of your communications with us
We collect personal data that you submit to us as part of a communication with us.
- Visitors and account users: For visitors and account users, this includes communications such as chat on our site or within our service environment, email, submission of a web form, telephone, or in person (such as at a meeting, trade show or other event). For example, you may communicate with us as a visitor to obtain more information about our services, or as an account user to request technical support. The communication may include information that can be used to identify you such as your name, job title, job function, the organization you represent, email address, phone number as well as information about your interest in our company or our services. We do not solicit information from you as part of these communications other than information that is useful to us in light of the purposes described above, but if you choose to volunteer more personal information than we ask for we will collect that as part of the communication.
- Clients: For clients we collect information that you submit in a request for technical support.
Data provided by you or your organization to establish and maintain the Customer account or authorize your use of our services
Our customers are required to name billing, administrative, technical and other types of service and account users who have authority to use our services and manage the customer’s account. We collect the name and business contact information of these account representative. Our customers also authorize individuals as service users. We require each individual account representative and service user to establish their own set of account credentials (user name and password
If you use a payment card or other financial account to make payment arrangements, then we may collect information relevant to the processing of the payment transaction. Please note that we do not have access to your credit card number and other payment card information that you submit via our site or service. This information is encrypted and transmitted directly to the payment processor.
Data provided by you to our Customer as our Customer’s client
When you participate in a telehealth session we capture your IP address, providers you search for or request, information about payments you make, and the content of any electronic documents you complete, chat messages you transmit, and session request notes you submit. We use this information only as permitted by our Customer for specific limited purposes as described in more detail in the Section captioned How We Use Data below.
Marketing Partners and Resellers
We have relationships with other companies that help us market, sell and deliver our services. They may collect personal data of the type described above using the methods described above and provide that data to us. For example, we have relationships with companies who refer customers to us and resellers who offer our services under the reseller’s own brand name. We will treat personal information we receive from our marketing partners and resellers the same as the personal information we collect directly.
Combinations of data collected using different methods
We use service providers such as Google Analytics, Pardot, and SalesForce.com to help us associate the personal data we capture about you as part of visitor interactions with personal data we collect about you as an account user.
We do not associate data about visitors or account users (alone or combined) with personal information we may have about you as a social media user or content user.
Social Media Features
We may place buttons on our website that allow you to publish information about your site visit to a social media platform. For example, we may have a “like” or “tweet” or similar button that, when clicked on, will generate a social media posting by you on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or other platform that highlights or points back to the content on our site that you liked, tweeted, etc. If you use the social media features on our website we will capture this fact. You should review the privacy policies of the social media providers as well since your visit to their platform by means of our social media button may allow them to collect information about your activity on our site. We will collect information about your visit to our social media pages to the same extent as any holder of a social media page (likes, re-tweets, comments you submit, etc).
HOW WE USE DATA
This sections describes more specifically how our use of the data relates to the purposes for which we collected the data.
Visitors: We use data collected about visitors:
- to operate our website – web servers, by their nature, must capture your IP address and information about your browser and device to display our site to you;
- to develop our website and product offerings – we use the information about visitor navigation on our site to help us understand what part of our website and product offerings are of interest to different kinds of visitors so that we can modify and improve our site content and other marketing materials to be more appealing to prospective customers; we may also use the information about your site visits and other visitor interactions to help us measure interest in our services or various features of our services;
- to show you personalized content when you visit our site – we use information about your prior visit to our site to customize your subsequent visits; for example, we may make more visible to you information or offers about products or services that appear to be of interest to you based on your navigation of our site on a prior visit; if you arrive at our site via an advertisement we may use that fact to make inferences about your interests and target content to you on that basis;
- to measure the success of our advertising efforts – we use visitor information to verify whether the ad services we purchase from third parties are actually resulting in visits to our site or other visitor interactions;
- to register you for webinars, office visits, or other online or off-line events we may host – we may use your name, contact email, contact address, and phone number to register you as an attendee and communicate with you about the event;
- to communicate with you as part of our marketing efforts – if you provide us with contact information we may use it to send you communications about our company, our products or services, or related topics that we think you may find of interest;
Account Users: we use data collected about accounts users (alone or as combined with data collected as part of an account user’s visitor activity (such as pre-login activity on the Site):
- to provide our online services – we use login credentials to authenticate individuals as authorized administrative users of our services; we use IP addresses to provide our services
- we use contact information such as your email or physical address to send invoices and other account communications, authenticate individuals who request information or support on the customer’s behalf, and administer the customer’s account, such as processing billing information to complete customer purchases;
- to review compliance with usage terms in our services agreements and enforce the terms and conditions that govern our services; for example if the customer’s use of our services is limited to a certain number of individuals we may use personal data to help us monitor compliance with the usage restrictions;
- to help us develop our service offerings – we use information about your use of our services to measure interest in various features, to plan enhancements and new features, and to improve user experience;
- to communicate with you as part of our marketing efforts – we use contact information and information about your use of our services to send you communications about our products or services, or related topics that we think you may find of interest; and
- to market our services – if you provide a customer testimonial or other content for marketing purposes we will publish the content with your name or other identifying information that you authorize us to use; if you agree that we may use you as a reference, we may provide your name and contact information to prospective customers for our services so that they may contact you to discuss your experience with our services.
Choices and Means to Limit Use and Disclosure or Your Data
You may limit our use and disclosure of your personal data. Please send us a request at [email protected] if you would like to know what personal data we have about you and how we use and disclose that data. You may also submit requests to [email protected] if you want to correct, delete or restrict the use of your personal data, or if you object to our processing of your data on the grounds that we do not have a lawful basis for that processing.
On receipt of your notice that the data we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete, we will promptly correct any inaccurate data and ensure it is complete in light of the purposes for which we process the data.
If you wish to revoke any consent you have previously given, we will honor the revocation and will no longer rely on that consent to process your personal data. For example, if you no longer consent to our use of your data for marketing purposes, we will stop using the data for that purpose and notify any third party with whom we have shared that data that they must also stop using it for that purpose.
On your request, we will promptly restrict processing of your personal data or delete your personal data except to the extent the restriction or deletion will prevent us from complying with our legal obligations to our customer or interfere with our reasonable record keeping as necessary to demonstrate compliance with our contracts and applicable law.
Additional Information for California Visitors, Account Users for Limiting Use and Disclosure of Your Data
In addition to our commitments stated above, if our collection of personal information about you for our own general business purposes is covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act you have certain rights under that law.
You may request disclosure of the following specific information:
- the categories of personal information as well as the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you for our business purposes over the prior 12 months,
- the categories of sources from which we have collected that personal information,
- our purpose(s) for collecting that personal information,
- the categories of third parties with whom we have shared the personal information, such as our service providers, and
- whether we have sold the personal information to third parties or disclosed the information to third parties for a business purpose, and if so the categories of personal information and third parties.
In addition, you have the right to ask our Customer to delete your personal information. We will comply with your deletion request and require our service providers to do the same, unless we plan to retain the personal information on a legally permitted basis and we give you notice of this fact and the legal basis on which we rely.
You may make a request by calling our toll-free number (888) 540-2829 or submitting the request to this web form or by sending an email or physical mail request to the addresses above.
Before responding to your request we may ask you to provide information needed to verify that you are the consumer (or have authorization from the consumer) whose personal information is covered by the request.
We may not discriminate against you because you make a request described in this Section by denying you our services or providing a different quality or price for our services, unless the different service or price is reasonably related to the value provided to you by your data.
If you are under 18 years of age, you are not authorized to purchase our Services or use our website(s). If you are a client of our Customer then our Customer is responsible for making sure your parent or guardian has consented to participation in our telehealth services. If you or your parent or guardian has a concern about our possession of your personal data please contact us at [email protected]. We ask, however, that you first contact our Customer to try and resolve the concern.
We have not sold or leased personal data, and will not sell or lease your personal data unless you give us your consent to do so. The California Consumer Privacy Act includes a definition of “sale” that may include permitting third party advertisers to collect data about our Site visitor for use as part of their advertising services generally. We may permit advertisers to collect data on our site by means of advertising cookies. See the section below captioned Advertising Ecosystem for information on how you block these cookies.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties except as follows:
This may include exchanging information with government regulatory or law enforcement agencies, or with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and legal compliance.
Protecting Network and Information Security
As necessary to protect our information and systems from unauthorized actions that compromise their security or availability, such as disclosures as part of industry initiatives to identify and block malicious actors.
Sale of Business
As part of a sale of a sales of business assets where the purchaser needs the personal data to use the assets.
We may in the future sell all or part of our assets or be involved in a merger. We may provide the company that is seeking to acquire our business with access to personal data as part of their evaluation of our business, but will require them to maintain the personal data in confidence and use it only to evaluate our business. If we complete a transaction, it is customary to transfer personal data that is related to the purchased business assets to the purchaser.
We use the services of companies like the ones listed below to collect data on our behalf or to help us analyze, store, manage and otherwise process your personal data. Each of these companies commits in its contract with us to use the personal data only according to our contract with them or our other instructions as necessary to support our business. They are not authorized to use your personal data for any other purpose. They are not authorized to disclose your personal data to others except with our permission, and only if they require the others to comply with the same restrictions that apply to them.
Google Analytics – measures and reports statistics about user interactions with our site(s)
|AddEvent||Calendaring component||United States|
|Akismet||Comment moderation for SecureVideo blog||United States|
|Amazon Web Services||Simple Email Service; system notifications and transactional emails||United States|
|Amazon Web Services||Server for web application||United States|
|Braintree||PCI-compliant processing for fees paid to Processor||United States|
|Cloudflare||Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection and Content Delivery Network (CDN)||United States|
|Mailchimp, Mandrill||System notifications, opt-in newsletters, transactional emails||United States|
|MaxMind||Geolocation approximation||United States|
|Stripe||Pass-through for payments to customers||United States|
|Twilio||Transactional SMS, videoconferencing engine||United States|
|VSee||Videoconferencing engine||United States|
|WP Engine||Web hosting for www.securevideo.com||United States|
|Zapier||Ticket management for sales and other requests by webform||United States|
|Zendesk||Ticketing software for support and sales requests||United States|
|Zoom.us||Videoconferencing engine||United States|
We may use online advertising services that enable a practice referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” These services aggregate data about an individual’s behavior on many different sites and online services, and use that data to sell targeted advertising services. For example, we permit Google’s advertising services to collect data about your behavior on the *Client Site, as do many other website operators who use Google’s ad services. Google combines the data about an individual that it collects from different sources, and uses this aggregate data to sell advertising services that target the display of ads to web users who meet certain behavioral criteria. Google does not disclose this aggregate data to *Client, but we are able to infer that users who interact with our ad meet the advertising criteria we provided. Google collects this data using cookies, web server logs (its own and its advertising customers), clear gifs and other online data collection techniques. See Online Data Collection Techniques and How to Opt Out of Online Data Collection.
Online Data Collection Techniques
A cookie is a unique alphanumeric identifier that is placed by a web server on the browser used to view the content or use the service at the site. Cookies are used to analyse visitors’ use of the website. For example, a website operator can use the cookie to identify the number of unique visitors to the site, whether or not those visitors are repeat visitors, and information about the visitor’s activity on the site, device and device settings. A tracking pixel, also known as a web bug or web beacon, is a small graphic (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel) invisible to the eye, that is embedded in web content or email. When content that has an embedded web beacon is viewed, the browser will request content from a web server, which in turn will set a cookie.
How To Opt Out Of Online Data Collection
You can manage your cookie preferences at any time using our cookie management tool here.
You can [also] manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you disable all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Our servers do not recognize or respond to any “do not track” setting you may have in your browser.
The third parties who we permit to collect data on our site have features that allow you to block their data collection via cookies. See their privacy policies and cookie policies:
Google Ads: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?/hl=en&gl=us&hl=en
If you do not wish to receive our email or other communications, please send your request to [email protected] Please note that it may take up to ten days to remove your contact information from our marketing communications lists, so you may receive correspondence from us for a short time after you make your request.
Children are not permitted to use our site or services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on our Sites unless you have involved your parent or guardian. If we discover that we have information about a child we will delete that information. If you are the parent or guardian of a child and you believe we have personal data about the child without your consent, please contact us at the address appearing at the top of this page and we will delete that information.
*Client protects personal data from unauthorized use, disclosure, corruption and destruction using appropriate technical and organizational measures.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, and to comply with our legal obligations, and will use secure means to destroy the data after that time. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
We will comply with laws applicable to the transfer of personal data across international borders. We provide appropriate contractual commitments to our customers in the European Union that require protections around transfer of personal data to the United States.